Friday, September 16, 2011

Psalm 19:1 The Heavens Declare

It’s been so long since I’ve filled everyone in on my memory verses. I’ve been doing them, just not writing about them.

I’m going to do things a little different now. Normally I would do 2 verses a month (on the 1st and the 15th), but I’m going to attempt to memorize Psalm 19 so I’m going to do one verse a week which will almost take me to the end of the year. It’s going to take some diligence on my part so prayers would be appreciated.

I’ll start with verse 1:

“The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.” (NASB)

What a beautiful picture. Psalm 19 is known as one of the most poetic psalms and even in this first verse it is easy to see why. Scripture is full of verses proclaiming all creation praising God. If we don’t do it the rocks and trees will. Inanimate objects “understand” the glory and might of the Creator.

How can you look into the sky and not see that there is a God and that He is beautiful? I know most of you have seen this video, but for those who haven’t (and even those who have) let this blow your mind. It's only part of the video because the full thing is 40 minutes long which you can find YouTube or elsewhere online.


No comments:

Post a Comment