Friday, October 14, 2011

The Truth of the Matter

Sorry it's been forever since I've posted. I don't really have an excuse. Things are actually pretty calm right now which is kind of a nice season to be in. Soon though I'll seriously be looking into jobs in the Louisville, KY area. If you didn't know, Lee will be going to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary starting next Fall so I'll need a new job. He's offically been accepted so keep me in your prayers during the job search. There doesn't seem to really be any VLSI jobs (which is what I studied for my Masters) so it'll probably require a slight career change, but I'm up for it.

SBTS: Nice looking place huh!? Found here
I wanted to update everyone on the Bible Study I just finished. I was a part of a group of women from our church who went through Me, Myself, and Lies: A Thought Closet Makeover by Jennifer Rothschild. It was a good study although different from what I'm used to.
It's about how to stop telling ourselves those hurtful lies we all mentally say ("I'm stupid," "I don't matter," etc) and how to tell ourselves the truths God has given us ("I'm a child of God," "I've been redeemed," etc).
There was a lot of good practical advice in this book and a ton of scripture, although it jumps around a lot. It's a little more touchy feely than I normally like in a bible study, but it is about truth from scripture, not just someone's ideas. It's a different way of thinking how to think.
If you know of a group doing it and you're a woman who struggles with negative thoughts it's a good study to do. It's helped me to realize just how selfish and sinful my self-depricating thoughts can be.

Anybody else doing any good bible studies? Have you done this one before?

No comments:

Post a Comment