Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Blind Spot Review - Dani Pettrey

I'm a bit late in writing the review, but my fiction book for September was Blind Spot by Dani Pettrey. This is the third book in the Chesapeake Valor series and I reviewed the previous two books here and here.

As I mentioned above, this book is part of a series, and you really need to read the first two before reading this one. This story follows FBI agent Declan Grey and Tanner Shaw, who is now working as a crisis counselor for the FBI. We met these characters in previous books and the main storyline is also a continuation from the previous book (see why you need to read them in order?). They work together to stop a terrorist attack all while trying to figure out their growing relationship as well. There are a couple of other stories going on in this one which tie in previous characters as well as their missing friend Luke. I'm assuming that story will all be wrapped up in the next book.

I think I enjoyed this book a lot more than the previous two. With the background already established I didn't find myself confused all the time trying to figure out who everyone was and what their story was. It was fast paced as usual, and the characters were well-developed. I especially liked learning about Tanner's background. What a fun surprise. If you're a fan of Christian suspense, I would definitely recommend this book (as well as her other series). I'll be looking for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment