Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day Number Eleventy-Billion

I figured today would be a good day to actually start blogging since it's a little difficult to get out of the house. It snowed here in Fayetteville again, about 18" this time. We didn't get out much except to play with Hero, make a snow angel and see if we could even get the truck out (we couldn't). I also attempted to make snow cream for the first time and it didn't go so well (although we had plenty of snow to work with). Lee was graciously my guinea pig but had to lovingly tell me it was no good. We get another snow day tomorrow and making a snow man is definitely on the agenda. Here are some pictures of the snow.

There was a bit of snow on my car.

Hero kept licking the snow off his face. He also had to bound through it since it was usually above his head.

A little update on what's been going on with us. Well, not much school with all the snow days, but classes have started for Lee, and it looks like a lot of reading and papers this semester (13 books for 4 classes). He's also been leading a discussion group at church, leading a guys bible study and meeting with students on campus (along with a myriad of other duties involved with being assistant to the college minister). It looks to be a busy but fulfilling semester. I'm done with classes and finishing up research and writing my thesis. I just submitted my project on Monday (after much trial and tribulation) and hope to hear soon that it will get made. Due to a delay in the project it looks like I'll be graduating in August but still plan on walking in May. The end is in sight but there's a lot to do before then. I'm also leading a discussion group at church and the head of a leadership team. I'm really loving being more involved at church and serving God there. Lee and I also do extended care at church about once a month and get to play with babies. Lee doesn't look as awkward at this as one might think. God is doing some pretty exciting things in our lives.

I've been slowly working on memorizing scripture. I'm hoping after getting in the habit of doing it I'll be able to do more at a time. Right now I'm doing two verses a month. I'm working through Philippians 4:4-9. I'm on verse 6 right now which is well known to a lot of people. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (NASB) The problem with a well-known verse is that it's easy to look past it. To think we know everything there is to know about it. We all get the not being anxious and praying about the things we want/need parts. The part I often look past is the phrase "with thanksgiving." I'm so quick to ask God for things but not thank Him for what He's already done in my life. I don't acknowledge God's presence in the everyday workings of my life. It's easy to think the good things are my doing. How ridiculous is that. Everything good in my life comes from Him and I should be singing songs of thanksgiving as David did. I should even thank Him for the ability to ask Him for things in the first place. Thank Him most of all for sending His Son to die on the cross for MY sins. That's what God is teaching me, so what are you thankful for?

-Kacie

No comments:

Post a Comment