Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do As I Do

I meant to post this a few days ago.  My bad.  We all know I can be a little slow at getting things done.  Right now I'm uploading my wedding pictures on Snapfish to get prints because a year and a half later we still don't have ANY (but hey, I'm getting 100 for $5 - well, about $6.50 total).  I also have a Groupon sitting in my inbox for a canvas to go on our mantle.  Maybe one day I'll learn.  So, as you know I'm working through memorizing Philippians 4:4-9.  I'm on my last verse so here it is:
The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:9 NASB
Basically Paul is saying, you've seen me walk in Christ's example, now you walk in mine.  I take two things from this.  One, we should be walking in the footsteps of more mature Christians and we should be setting the example for those that are less mature (I guess that's two really so we'll call them a and b).  Are you in a position where you're living life with a body of believers, being encouraged by those who are older, and lifting up those who are younger.  Christianity is a personal thing, but it's not a private thing.  Fellowship with other Christians.  Two, not only is the peace of God guarding our hearts and minds (vs 7), but the God of peace Himself is with us.  I'm no New Testament scholar, and these may actually be saying the same thing in ancient Greek or whatever, but I think it's a neat concept.  God doesn't just give you things, He gives you Himself.  How incredible is that?  The God of the universe wants you!  That definitely blows my mind.
Well, I've learned a lot from memorizing this passage of scripture, but now I have to figure out where to go next.  Any suggestions?

Good Times, Good Times

No comments:

Post a Comment