Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Road Trip

So, Lee and I went on a little road trip last week. We drove all day Tuesday (it's a 9 hour drive from Fay-town to Louisville). We spent most of the day Wednesday looking at apartments. Lee and I have been incredibly spoiled by the apartment we've been in for the last 3 years. It's a great size, great rate, and good location. Finding an apartment with all this in Louisville is difficult to say the least. But, we found some we liked and applied to one and are hoping to hear back this week. 

On Thursday we met with our good friend Joy over some Chicago style pizza. The food was good, but the company was better. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. That afternoon we drove to a nearby county to visit with the Assistant Superintendent of that school district and tour the high school. I'm embarrassed to admit how long it's been since I've been in a high school. It was a good experience. I'll have to keep everyone posted on the job front because I still don't know where/what I'll be teaching.

We also drove all day Friday down to Charleston, SC. A friend of ours from college was getting married and we figured since we were close closer (as in 9 hour drive instead of 16) we would pop on over. Saturday we did a little driving in downtown Charleston and got to see the harbor and Battery Park. Of course Lee was giving me history lessons the whole time. Then we went to the wedding and hung out with friends and family afterwards. I know Lee was glad to see some of those guys again. 

Lee and I at the waterfront in Charleston

Sunday was a LONG 16+ hour drive home, and Lee actually let me drive some. He had stayed up too late having a slumber party with his friends. Hehe. This is my last week working in the lab. Then one more week and I'm in Louisville. It's going to be a crazy few weeks and an even crazier summer for sure. But we're excited for the adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you guys on the next step of your life and careers!

    ReplyDelete